Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Bring a covered dish"



 

Max and I are going to Family Night at our church this evening. They provide the meat you bring a "covered dish". Guess what-mine is going to be healthy and since I am on a budget I used what I had on hand to make a healthy pasta salad that all should enjoy. I put a label on the bowl so everyone would know what they are diving into. There is no pepperoni, no Italian dressing, not sharp cheddar cheese and definitely no white pasta. Make small changes and eventually you will see and feel the change!  I even put a warning on the bottom that says: "HEALTHY"

 

Sharing health is one of my favorite things to do! If people try it they may just like it and that makes me happy! Every little bit helps.

This contains whole grain elbow pasta, tomatoes, red onion, pine nuts, crumbled blue cheese, olive oil and red wine vinegar, chia, flax, (yes, I even snuck them in there too!) blk pepper and basil. That's it. Much healthier version than grandmas unless grandma is a health nut like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment