Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Let's talk about salad.


Shocker....I love salad...I know.....When I make a salad it's like a little game for me to see how interesting I can make it...how delicious and nutritious I can make it or how I can imitate  a version of some of my favorite and more indulgent meals into a beautiful salad.


Pictured above are organic baby greens, tomatoes, chicken I cooked in a skillet with katamala olive spread-just a little, red onion, crumbled blue cheese-just a little, pine nuts (high in protein) and lastly flax and chia seeds because I didn't have a smoothie this am so I just threw them in my salad instead.


Let's talk about dressing. I would not want to make this oh so pretty and good for me salad and then dress it in pure fat-and NOT the good kind. So I always only use either balsamic and EVOO or Red wine and EVOO (2 tbsp).


Have fun with salad. The possibilities are endless and delicious!


Tomorrow's salad....watermelon, goat cheese, tomato and red onion with honey basil vinaigrette dressing-home made!


Salads are an awesome choice once a day, everyday! Use your imagination to create something beautiful on your plate. Appreciate the color that a healthy meal brings to the table. The more colorful the better! There was a time in my life when I sat down to a table of food that was all the same color...that color was beige...that color was gross and haunts me to this day. Don't be beige...be beautiful!!! xoxoxo-A



No comments:

Post a Comment