Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cole slaw with a healthy-spicy kick!

Wasabi mustard inspired healthy cole slaw for today's 4th of July picnic! Inspired by a show on the Food Network, a recipe I found online and the wasabi mustard I discovered in the store yesterday. This is what my imagination came up with:

Packaged cole slaw mix (Dole) approx 1 and 3/4 packages

Chopped 1 yellow pepper,1  orange pepper, 1/4 c red onion, 2 banana peppers

Salt, pepper and red pepperflakes to taste

Crushed peanuts 1/4 c

Dressing: (mix all together then fold into the cole slaw mixture)

Plain non fat all natural yogurt-about 1 and 1/4 cup

Wasabi mustard 1/4 c

Grey Poupon Dijon mustard 1/4 c

Tbsp honey

Red wine vinegar 1/4 c

I plan on topping a bun less burger with this and hope all of my family enjoys it today! Yummy and healthy is always the best way to go!

Happy 4th of July!

xoxoxo-A

1 comment: