Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Some tips & tricks to getting your fit on



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know, I know....you "don't like water"....you "don't like salad, you don't like veggies, you can't run, you don't have time, it cost too much to eat healthy"....if I had a dollar for every time I heard something like this, I would be rich or at least be able to buy a real Louis Vuitton bag!!!

Tip #1: Stop with the excuses! They will get you nowhere fast!

Tip #2: Yes you can! You really can! I promise! Don't say I can't and do not say I Don't....only speak the words I can and I do and my favorite I did.

Tip#3: Drink water all day, everyday by adding fruit to it. I do this almost daily by filling up my DD Iced coffee cup that I usually get in the morning with water and fruit, whatever I have on hand.  I drink at least 3 of these 32 oz size cups on top of the iced coffee that I already had out of the same cup that morning. Drinking water is like a daily cleanse for yourself....it gives you clearer skin, it flushes all of the bad out of your system and your body literally needs it to survive! I do not drink enough water throughout the day without this cup, not joking, it's like my security blanket.

Tip #4: Get a fitness buddy-they will help encourage you and keep you motivated while having fun with a friend!

Tip#5: Buy the same things over and over at the store. Pick your daily foods that are healthy and stick with them. This is what you eat now....there is no thinking, "hmmm what am I going to eat?". You already know and you know its good for you. They will become your staples and then spice them up from time to time with different fruits, veggies, spices and herbs. For me this is usually chicken, ground turkey,  sweet potatoes or yams, rice cakes, peanut butter, almonds, Greek yogurt, granola, oatmeal, brown rice, milk, cheese, lettuce, fruits and veggies. I save so much time at the store and at home!

Tip #6: Be "that guy" when ordering at a restaurant. Feel free to ask for things the way you want them and should be eating them-steamed, grilled, no sauce, no cheese, etc. They might find you annoying but smile big and thank them so much...its worth getting a strange look or a roll of the eyes over putting empty junk in your body just because that is the way it is listed on the menu.

I hope these help you! I know they help me!

xoxoxo-A

No comments:

Post a Comment