Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The amazing avocado!


AVOCADO!


HOW


AMAZING


ARE


YOU?


 


 


 


 


 


Sharing with you 2 of my favorite ways to eat avocados! On the left- Egg white, mozzarella cheese, salsa and avocado breakfast sammie and on the right- Avocado and orange salad with pinch of sea salt and dash of olive oil!


Health benefits of avocados and other "good" fats:



"Avocados have a mild, nutty taste and creamy texture. This makes them suitable as a substitute for unhealthy fats you might normally add to foods. For example, spreading a bagel with 1 oz. of mashed avocado rather than butter can save 18g of fat and nearly 150 calories."Read more:



 

 

 

Breakfast or anytime sandwich made with "Flatout" Foldouts 5 Grain Flax flatbread-I really enjoy these!!! This is what I used in the one pictured.


 

 Healthy fats: Remember 1 part good fat per meal! Food 101 tips:


 

Other "GOOD" FATS and more info:




  • Olive oil

  • Canola oil

  • Sunflower oil

  • Peanut oil

  • Sesame oil

  • Avocados

  • Olives

  • Nuts (almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews)

  • Peanut butter



The avocado and orange salad that I will have for a "snack" is drizzled with olive oil-drizzeled not drenched remember.....good fat is still fat.

Later in the afternoon I will have a handful of almonds-so by the time dinner rolls around I will have had 4 servings of "good" fats that are delicious and so good for me!!! My snack this evening will be celery and peanut butter so all in all 5 good fat servings by the time my head hits the pillow tonight. That makes me happy!

 

Hope you realize that there is a better way to eat after reading this post. A better, cleaner, do good for your body way to eat....once you turn the corner you will never look back. Start today my friends!

 

xoxoxo-A

1 comment: