Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

lettuce wraps 2lettuce wraps 1


Lettuce wraps! Love this idea and there are endless combinations you can prepare! Make it fun, think outside of the box...make them your own!


I used :


1 lb cubed chicken breast


1 c corn


1/4 c each onions, celery, carrots, silvered raw unsalted almonds


Seasoning for the mixture:


lime juice, cumin, Badia complete seasoning, cilantro,  parsley, ginger, crushed red pepper, pepper, garlic, 1/4 c lite sodium soy sauce (I would have made it spicier for sure with wasabi, Sriracha  and Red Hot if my son wasn't eating it too-he handled the above flavors great though!)


I sautéed the chicken first with all the seasonings/juice/sauce and slowly added in the veggies and then spot checked for taste and added more of whatever I thought it needed. Total cook time 20 min. Wrap in iceberg lettuce and serve-I need a little help on my wrapping skills but that will come! Enjoy!!! xoxoxo-Alettuce wrap 3

1 comment: