Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wraps

wrapsWhat an awesome way to sneak in veggies to your meals, wraps! When you get tired of salads and want just a little more try these Flat out multi grain wraps, the nutritional facts on these are amazing! Check it out:

1 wrap offers 8 g of FIBER, 9 g of PROTEIN and only 17g of total carbs at 100 calories. Load these up with veggies mostly then protein and cheese! I add hot sauce to mine and in these pictured above I used pesto paste, olive oil and greek yogurt to flavor the chicken as I cooked it.  So this combo was super fabulous and spicy with red onion, red pepper, cucumbers, banana peppers and a slice of mozzarella cheese.

One way, I find,  to keep eating healthy and not get bored is to think of the wrap, quinoa, rice,  whatever the grainy source as your blank canvas and keep creating from there! Have a healthy foundation to your meal always available or on hand! Also, trying different ethnic ways of cooking will add variety your meals so mix it up and get the whole family involved in finding new recipes. I am thinking next week I will keep my family fed while I try a different taste from around the world Monday through Friday, from Greek to Cuban to German-anything can be made healthier (even my YiaYia's Pastitsio)!

flat outs

I hope these wraps make their way into your life! I know a package of 6 wraps is more expensive than a loaf of bread but to me it is totally worth it!!! I don't want just bread or even anything with the word "loaf' in it-ha! I want more for myself  and I want to make the most out of each bite that goes into fueling my body!

Enjoy! xo! A

No comments:

Post a Comment