Monday, February 4, 2013

Tacos

taco 3taco 2

taco 1

Tacos!!! Who doesn't love a taco! I filled these babies with chicken sausage, peppers, pineapple, onions and tomatoes then topped them with avocados, cheese and salsa.

I know a lot of my recipes are not "Super duper clean" but I try to make them as healthy as I can but still making sure they have flavor and can keep everyone happy!  In my head I have a scale that goes something like this:

Super-duper clean

Pretty clean

Clean

Not too shabby

Bad

I would give these somewhere between not too shabby and clean!! (Because of the shells and chicken sausage) I stay happy and satisfied by staying mostly in the pretty clean to clean scale and every once in a while I go super-duper clean and of course every once in a while I go bad-I am human!!! I hope you can relate to that scale!!

Directions:

Brown protein in skillet-I chose to use 2 links of chicken sausage or a super clean choice would be ground turkey or chicken breast. I then added chopped pineapple, tomatoes, onion and red peppers. Next I took pepper and Badia seasoning (I use this a lot) and just a touch of the seasoning and sauce that came with the shells in the box. The key here is to NOT use the packaged sauce and seasonings that they provide. Frozen and boxed meals come with sauces and powdered seasonings-that is where most of the sodium and bad stuff is hiding!! Another tip that I try to keep in mind is when making a "filling" for something try to make the bulk of it veggies like I did here, a little meat and mostly veggies goes a long way.

Offer healthy toppings, going light on the cheese and heavier on the healthier picks like avocados and salsa.

Remember portion control too! I had 2 tacos at 5:30 and was full all night-did not need to snack! Happy, healthy, satisfied and full!

I hope you enjoy this recipe idea!

xoxoxo-A

No comments:

Post a Comment