Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mustard chicken, roasted butternut squash and blue cheese salad

chicken squah salad

Mustard chicken, butternut squash and blue cheese salad!!!


(Inspired by two fellow blogger’s recipes!)


Chicken-cook ½ lb chicken breast or tenders in skillet with:

2 tsp lime juice and pineapple juice, dash salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and 2 tsp honey or spicy mustard

Roast 2 c cubed butternut squash in pan with dash salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley on 350 for 40 to 45 min

Assemble the following for the “salad”: 2 c chopped Iceberg lettuce, 1 c arugula, 1 chopped tomato, ¼ c crumbled blue cheese and ¼ c chopped red onions

Dressing: I used Chef Tim’s sweet balsamic vinaigrette (it is so good!!)

I also did this on a day that I worked from 6 am to 1 pm then again from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm….so during the afternoon I made the chicken and stored it in the fridge. I prepared the squash and then my boyfriend put it in the oven at 7:15 so when I came home at 8 pm all I had to do was put the lettuce and veggies together then add the squash and chicken. The squash had cooled down a little bit but was still warm (not hot). I microwaved the chicken for 45 sec just so it wasn’t cold but again not hot.

Timing and Teamwork made this happen with little effort and it was so good!!! Even if you get home late you can still eat healthy-just takes a little planning!

Makes 2 adult sized dinner salads!

 

ENJOY!!!

XOXO-A

 

No comments:

Post a Comment