Monday, June 25, 2012

Karate chopping intimidation at the gym!



 

So I have been hearing from some friends that "they don't belong at a gym"....they are "intimidated by the other people there that are in better shape than them" ....(insert any other excuse, I mean reason, here) etc. Well let me tell you a secret,  I was once a scared little puppy just like some of you and I want to help karate chop that intimidation for you right now. I am clumsy. I am not coordinated. I had no idea what I was doing 2 years ago when I first started. I wanted to keep to myself and I didn't want help. I didn't feel like I fit in there either. Now, 2 years later I could care less about who is there, what they look like, what they are wearing or what they are doing. I am there for me and for my development. I am in the zone from start to finish. I observe what others are doing so that I can try new things and see whats going on in the world of fitness but I am there with my goals to accomplish and that is that. Remember, "those people" were not born physically fit perfect specimens. They also stepped into the gym for the first time one day and needed to lose weight or get ripped, toned and killed just like you. If you dare enter the gym you will be surrounded by people with like goals which is so important in staying motivated when trying to transition yourself to a healthy lifestyle. The gym is my happy place. Exercise releases endorphins. Think about it, you are going to one of the most happy places on earth, there are endorphins flying around everywhere! Laugh at the gym. It's a FUN place to be! Above all else, please don't be afraid to go to the gym, to try running in the park, to try a spinning class..... to do anything. Life is too short to be scared of anything.

Be bold, be brave, be yourself.

Now go...karate chop your fears. You are awesome!

xoxoxo-A

2 comments: