Monday, June 18, 2012

Peanut butter protein packed chili

[caption id="attachment_99" align="aligncenter" width="579"] Peanut butter protein packed chili-1 large can crushed organic fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 large can organic diced tomatoes,  1  can each black beans, great northern beans and red kidney beans, 1 lb ground turkey cooked and seasoned with 1/4 pack of your fav chili seasoning, 1/3 c chopped white onion and 1/2 c chopped green pepper, 2 hot banana peppers chopped,  hot sauce and ground pepper to taste and lastly 2 heaping tablespoons of natural peanut butter.[/caption]

Why I like this: Hello-I love protein and this is packed with it, 3 different types of beans, lean and mean ground turkey and even some peanut butter to kick it to the next level!!!! Making something so good for you in a large amount is one way I find it easy to make great choices when it's time to eat! Left-overs!! Chili is the perfect leftover! Let's be smart and not add cheese and no bread is needed for dipping. This is lean and mean and protein packed, perfect for dinner after your workout! Easy-done-it's already made-just warm it up! I made this for my dad for Father's day and also got my mom-who is trying to get her healthy lifestyle on- and my 90 year old YiaYia-who had seconds- to eat it for dinner. I then brought some to my boyfriend and brought some home for me...oh and yes my parents have leftovers too. It's like the never-ending gift of protein and honestly not much makes me happier than getting the gift of protein!!! (Not too sure about my dad though-haha) ENJOY! DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment